Monday, August 4, 2008

Dunn Family Reunion



Charles Oscar Dunn Family

This picture is so cool because it's taken with both of Charles wives. Norma, dad, Ella, and I went to Providence to the Dunn family reunion Saturday Aug.2, 2008.

There weren't a lot of relatives there but it was interesting to learn somethings about our family.

I told dad that he would be the oldest one there and he said, "No, there's a guy here that's almost 100." Sure enough there was a man named Oliver who turns 100 years old in October. I got a kick out of dad when he was speaking to another relative and he said something like this, "Where is that old man that was here last year?" I thought to myself, "What do you consider old, dad?" That just goes to show you that dad doesn't think of himself as old!?*

Most of the relatives that attended were from Charles 1st wife, Lettitia. Our line comes from his 2nd wife, Martha Jane Welch. Martha is on Charles right. See the young man inbetween Charles and Martha??? That's my Grandpa Dunn (Lester Welch Dunn).

Who else in the family is named Lester???

2 comments:

aimee said...

I know that one---Dan Lester Reeder. What an awesome middle name, I don't know why no one has used it for a grandchild :) I love reading about our family history, thank you for keeping us updated.

codd47 said...

Just looking at the picture of the Charles Oscar Dunn Family. The "young man" in the light-colored suit and full tie above the right shoulder of Charles Oscar Dunn is my grandfather, Levi Dunn. The 100 year old man at last years reunion, my guess, is Oscar Dunn, my father's brother whose name is also Charles Oscar Dunn named after his grandfather. My father died 25 years ago and is buried in Wellsville, UT. Thanks for taking your time to make this blog....